“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end.” Isaiah 9:6-7 ESV
What a privilege it is to be a part of this prophecy and to see His Kingdom increasing all over the world.
Paul wrote to the Corinthian churches and said, “A wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.” 1 Corinthians 16:9 The very heart of Praise Chapel is, “Responding to open doors.”
In 1976, Mike and Donna Neville responded to an open door when they were invited to leave Tulsa, Oklahoma to pastor a small church in Maywood, California. From there, Praise Chapel was birthed and has been responding to open doors ever since. 2022 is no different.
A few weeks after Russia invaded Ukraine, John McGovern went to Poland (near the boarder of Ukraine) to see how Praise Chapel could help churches and believers. He stepped into an “open door” to serve the body of Christ that was in desperate need.
Above: John McGovern at an airport outreach to Ukrainian refugees during his initial trip to Poland/Ukraine.
John contacted us and said that churches needed emergency medical supplies. They were ministering to people who were being injured due to the war.
A retired nurse in our church in Tucson, AZ, Elizabeth Warren, contacted the local hospital asking if they could donate for this cause. They gave us some emergency medical supplies and the church sorted and boxed the supplies. Praise Chapel Missions and LHFC then purchased four tickets and sent the boxes with some workers.
That was the beginning. Now, nine months later we have experienced, “A great and effective door” like Paul wrote about.
Without being able to go into detail of all that has happened, I will share what has transpired in just last month, November.
1. Over 60 tons of supplies went into Ukraine this month alone.
2. 300 boxes of new Bibles translated into various languages spoken in Ukraine were delivered.
3. John McGovern went to the G20 Summit of the wealthiest nations in the world as a representative of Ukraine.
4. December 5-10, John was in Washington DC at the invitation of the Ukraine Government. He was able to speak to a number of US senators and other leaders at the United States Capital about what we are involved in there.
Above: John McGovern at the meetings in Washington DC in November 2022.
“A man's gift makes room for him and brings him before the great.”
So much more is happening than we can't understand or process right now.
1. John did the opening prayer for the Senators Prayer Breakfast on December 7th.
2. John personally met with a number of US senators who were asking him to, “fill them in,” on what is really happening.
3. He spent time with the previous President of Ukraine this week.
4. John met with the government delegates from Ghana, Africa. They personally invited him to come to Ghana as a guest of the government. What that may mean to our churches there is yet to be seen.
WHY DO WE CARE ABOUT THIS?
We have not sought to be apart of this, but the, “great and effective door has opened,” because our, “gifts made room” for us.
There have been many outreaches and personal witnessing. Pastor Nixon Cordreanu and the Praise Chapel in Romania has been taking supplies into Ukraine this entire time. In November, Baruch Sanchez did an outreach/worship event in Warsaw, Poland, seeing over 200 youth answer the altar call.
Above: Baruch Sanchez at the worship event in Warsaw, Poland.
Our purpose is to be a part of world evangelism; to see people saved, discipled and churches helped and planted. It appears that God is giving PC Global favor and preparing the way to go into nations and make much more impact than we have ever dreamed of.
#winbuildsend #pcglobalnetwork #thisisus #connectivity #thegospelseed #thepowertochangetheworld #thegospeltoeveryone #leadercon #praisechapel #germany #ukraine #poland #russia #johnmcgovern #larryneville #2thenations